AEI’s Day Habilitation Program offers medical, therapeutic and developmental supports that promote the ability of individuals with Developmental Disabilities to live more independently in everyday community settings.
An interdisciplinary team including a Registered Nurse, Behavioral Clinician, Speech Therapist, and Developmental Specialist design individualized programs addressing the skills, knowledge, and abilities one needs to live as independently as possible.
Professional services include Therapy, Developmental Skills Training, Registered Nursing, Exercise Groups and Nutrition Groups.
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Behavior Management
Developmental Skills Training
- Self preservation and safety skills in one’s home and community settings
- Functional communication skills
- Managing money and making personal purchases
- Functional understanding of time and scheduling
- Identifying areas of interest in social and recreational activities
- Opportunities to utilize newly acquired skills in community settings
- Administration of medications and treatments prescribed by a physician
- Education in hygiene and health concerns
- Coordination of each member’s day habilitation service plan with other health care professionals
- Coordinated implementation of physician’s orders with the member, family, and program staff
- Dance Class
- Fitness Equipment
- Walking Club
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) addresses planning and preparing nutritious meals, shopping for groceries and other needs
- Cooking Class
- Diet Champions