Pre-Employment Transition Services
Pre-employment transition services are available for disabled students between the ages of 14-21.
Eligible students must:
- Be referred to Attleboro Enterprises Inc. by Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission Area Office Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors in cooperation with the local school system
- Have a long-term goal of competitive employment in the community
- Commit to complete all three phases of the program model
- Assume responsibility for transportation to and from internship sites
Criteria for Successful Completion
In order to successfully complete the program, a student must:
- Participate in initial intake and assessment
- Complete a minimum of twenty-seven hours of classroom instruction
- Complete a minimum of sixty internship hours
- Must be discharged from Job Exploration by the Transition Specialist
- Have a Transition Plan
- Complete a professional resume
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of disability disclosure
AEI’s Adult and PreETS programs enjoy job placement and internship partnerships with many local employers, including Fit Factory of Foxboro.
Pictured left to right: John Raposa, AEI Director of Employment Services, Nicole Barbosa, Nick Barbosa, Fit Factory Intern, Sharilynn Brown, Fit Factory Marketing Coordinator, Jerry Pilkington, AEI President.
For more information contact:
508-695-4046 ext 134